Student Prize Paper Competition
All IEEE student members are invited and encouraged to enter the IGARSS
Student Prize Paper Competition. Ten finalists will be selected by a committee
to present their papers during a special session at the symposium in Boston.
All finalists will be offered partial travel support funding. Three prizes will
be presented: First Prize (Mikio Takagi Student Prize) US$ 500.00, Second Prize
US$ 300.00, Third Prize US$ 200.00, plus certificates for each. A full paper must be submitted by
the abstract deadline of
January 4, 2009 January 12, 2009 (submission of full paper by email only).
Requirements and procedure:
- The first/principal author must be a student.
- The student must be an IEEE member.
- Each student can only submit one paper for consideration in the contest.
- The student must be in a degree program at the time of submission of IGARSS 2009 paper.
- The student must attend IGARSS 2009 and present the paper.
- The student will publish the paper in the IGARSS 2009 proceedings.
- The student must email a PDF version of the full paper to firstname.lastname@example.org by the abstract deadline of
January 4, 2009January 12, 2009.
- The full paper MUST BE FORMATTED ACCORDING TO THE PAPER KIT.
- The student must submit, either by fax (+1-979-864-6900) or email of a scanned document in PDF or JPEG format to email@example.com, a signed letter from a faculty advisor stating the student: is a candidate for a degree; will personally present the paper (if accepted); will publish in the IGARSS 2009 Proceedings; will register and participate in the symposium; and can attend the Awards Banquet.