Note: The review results have been sent by email and the list of accepted abstracts is posted here. Authors of accepted abstracts have until April 26, 2009 to submit a revised abstract which will be distributed to attendees at IGARSS 2009, and to register for IGARSS 2009. Submitting a revised abstract is optional. Registration is required.
Official Acceptance Letter
If your paper has been accepted, you may request an official acceptance notification letter. The letter will be sent by email in PDF format to any author of any accepted paper.
Note: This letter is equivalent to the emailed notice of acceptance and may not be sufficient if you are using it as documentation for a Visa application. An official invitation letter for Visa application purposes can be requested by following the instructions given in the registration confirmation email once you have completed registration to the conference.
Proceed to the Official Acceptance Letter Request form.
Online Abstract Submission
>>> Submit a full, 4-page paper <<<
Attention publishing authors! Only accepted papers that are registered and presented at the symposium in Cape Town will be published in the symposium proceedings.
Please note the following important notes regarding the distribution of IGARSS 2009 abstracts and proceedings:
- Full papers will be made available to all attendees after the symposium. Attendees may elect to receive a CD-ROM through the mail or be given access to a protected website. Papers that are not presented at the symposium will not appear in the proceedings. This will enable full papers to be accepted until June 21, 2009.
- To give participants information about what is being presented, electronic media containing all IGARSS 2009 abstracts will be distributed to all registered attendees at the symposium. Authors of accepted papers will have an opportunity to revise their abstracts for inclusion on the electronic media until the deadline of April 26, 2009.
The entire submission process and requirements are detailed in the Paper Kit.
Abstract Submission Instructions:
- Use the links below to submit an abstract or to revise an existing abstract submission.
- Abstracts must be submitted online by the deadline of
January 4, 2009January 12, 2009.
- It is recommended to format abstracts according to the Paper Kit.
- All abstracts must be written in English and contain a minimum of 500 words to be fairly reviewed.
- The maximum page limit for all abstracts is two single-sided pages.
- Include paper title, presenting author name, affiliation and email address at the top of each abstract.
- Abstracts should clearly and concisely state the problem, methodology used and central conclusions.
- Each person may only submit up to three abstracts, including both general and invited sessions.
- Students paying a reduced student registration may only register one presentation at the symposium. Regular delegates will be allowed to register up to three presentations.
- Every author is responsible for checking the status of their abstract from this web page after March 15, 2009. Acceptance letters will be sent via email only, and the results posted on the website.
IEEE Copyright Form
Presenting authors with accepted abstracts are encouraged but not required to publish their paper(s) in the conference proceedings. Only papers submitted, registered and presented at the conference will be published in the IGARSS 2009 proceedings and hence will be citable and searchable by the Engineering Index. If an author chooses to publish in the conference proceedings, the following instructions apply:
- Log in to the symposium website www.igarss09.org to follow instructions for submitting full paper(s).
- All full papers must be submitted by the deadline of June 21, 2009.
- Student delegates paying a reduced student rate may only register one paper for the symposium. Regular delegates may register up to three papers. Co-authors may register and present papers on behalf of the first author.